Webelos classes are designed to complete one Adventure in two hours. The First Responder class will last two and a half hours. These classes are for Scouts in 4th and 5th Grade. Sessions will take place in the morning or afternoon.
Spring Break Classes
New this year, one-day classes (except for Environmental Science – 3 days) for Scouts BSA, Webelos and Girl Scouts! Avoid the Museum District traffic—take a Scout class during Spring Break at HMNS at Sugar Land. Each class will begin at 9:30 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. from March 13-15. Click here to learn more.
- Adventures in Science – Design your own experiment, explore some chemical reactions and build a rocket to test Newton’s Laws of Motion! (STEM/Nova)
- Art Explosion – Discover your inner artist with activities in sculpting, photography and illustration.
- Aware and Care – Learn about the challenges other people face by looking at the world through their eyes.
- Build a Better World – Learn the rights and duties of a good citizen. (Prerequisite: Scouts will need to help lead a flag ceremony within their den.)
- Earth Rocks – Explore the fascinating world of geology by examining the world around you. (STEM/Nova)
- Engineer – Explore different engineers, and create some engineering projects. (STEM/Nova)
- First Responder – Learn what to do in case of emergencies of all kinds and how to administer First Aid from American Red Cross certified instructors. Class fulfills the requirements of the badge and provides participants with Red Cross First Aid Certification. To earn the Red Cross Certification, Scouts must be in the class at the designated starting time.
- Game Design – Explore the elements of game design, and create your own board game.
- Into the Wild – Study a variety of animals and their habitats, and explore the Farish Hall of Texas Wildlife. (STEM/Nova)
- Into the Woods – Discover the importance of plant and trees, and examine their impact on your everyday life. (STEM/Nova)
- Looking Back, Looking Forward – Explore the history of Scouting and your place in history. Create a time capsule. In order to complete the class, Scouts will need to bring copies of pictures and information on their personal Scouting history to put in a scrapbook.