Go on tour with HMNS! We plan educational trips to international destinations. Full itineraries for the following trips will be available soon.
Total Solar Eclipse ǀ Casper, Wyoming
August 19 – 22, 2017
A solar eclipse is an experience of a lifetime, best experienced with HMNS VP of Astronomy Dr. Carolyn Sumners. Her entertaining commentary make her enthusiasm of astronomy contagious. She has led groups on HMNS eclipse trips all over the world—most recently to Australia, China and Libya.
On August 21, 2017, a solar eclipse comes to the US and HMNS is going to be in Casper, Wyoming!
Casper gives the best chance of having the clearest sky on the eclipse path for optimal eclipse viewing.
To ensure a prime location in Casper, we have booked an entire hotel! Although Casper will be filled with eclipse travelers from around the world, our package—with private viewing area, private hotel with all meals included, and experienced astronomy team—guarantees that your eclipse experience will be both exciting and hassle-free.
Registration: online, (713) 639-4629 or at HMNS Box Office.
A $1,000 per person non-refundable deposit is required for registration. By registering, you agree to the Participant Requirements and Responsibilities on page 7 of the trip brochure.
- Price Includes:
- Hotel for 3 nights / 4 days
- All meals
- Private viewing area for Eclipse
- Astronomy field guides
- Eclipse activities, viewing practice sessions, photography workshops
- Price Does Not Include:
- Transportation to/from Casper
- Adult beverages
- Per person, double occupancy: $2,250 ($2,500 starting April 1)
- Single supplement: $1,500 ($1,750 starting April 1)
- Additional 3rd person: $1,000 ($1,250 starting April 1)
- Additional 4th person: $1,000 ($1,250 starting April 1)
Dinosaur Excavation extension will be available, and offered 1st to Eclipse travelers. Space is very limited.