ConocoPhillips Techno Science Labs Feature Interactive Experiments For Grades 1–8
Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $200 and *$250 per lab (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls for participating students and their chaperones.
ConocoPhillips TechnoScience Labs
- Optical Illusions (September at HMNS) – Investigate ambiguous pictures, impossible shapes, strobe effects and other amazing illusions.
- Balancing Act (November at HMNS and November 16th in Sugar Land) – From levers and mobiles to leaning towers, explore the center of mass, and find out why it matters.
- Circular Motion (December at HMNS and December 14th in Sugar Land) – Explore rolling and spinning, and discover which shapes are speediest.
- Discovering Density (January at HMNS and January 25th in Sugar Land) – Discover how hot air balloons rise, why rocks sink, and what makes submarines go up and down.
- Marvelous Mixtures (April at HMNS and April 26th in Sugar Land) – Investigate properties of solutions, colloids, alloys and other mixtures.
- Sound Science (May at HMNS) – Use tuning forks and tubes to investigate pitch, resonance and the science of music.