ConocoPhillips Techno Science Labs Feature Interactive Experiments For Grades 1 – 8
Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $165 per lab and $200 (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls.
ConocoPhillips TechnoScience Labs
- Storm Science (September at HMNS) – Explore weather and the tools we use to measure and predict it.
- Electricity (November at HMNS and November 17th in Sugar Land) – Explore current, voltage and resistance as you build circuits.
- Cool Chemistry (December at HMNS and December 15th in Sugar Land) – Check out chemical changes and find out what makes them happen.
- Soap Science (January at HMNS and January 26th in Sugar Land) – Investigate bubbles, emulsification, and soap films.
- Bridges (April at HMNS and April 27th in Sugar Land) – Build models and investigate forces to determine what makes a sturdy structure.
- Motion and Machines (May at HMNS) – Make work easier as you explore gears, levers and other simple and compound machines.