Travel Through History In Time Labs. Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $165 per lab and $200 (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls.
- Golden age of Piracy (October at HMNS and October 26th in Sugar Land) – Discover an era in which being a pirate could be a fulltime job. Pirates and privateers were able to amass massive fortunes terrorizing the high seas.
- The Romanovs (November at HMNS) – Explore the history of the Romanov family who were murdered on July 17th 1918.
- Underground Railroad (December at HMNS) – Discover the secret network organized by people to help men, women, and children, escape slavery to freedom.
- Scientific Farming (January at HMNS and January 25th in Sugar Land) – Science and innovation made farming more productive and better for the environment, find out how!
- Lost Colony of Roanoke (February at HMNS) – Explore what clues we have to what happened to the settlers who disappeared from this early colony.
- The Zulu Kingdom (March at HMNS and March 30th in Sugar Land) – Discover this South African kingdom who gained fame during and after the Anglo-Zulu War.