Learn About The Natural World & The Unique Creatures Who Inhabit It. Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $165 per lab and $200 (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls.
- Young Wonders (September at HMNS and September 28th in Sugar Land) – Do you know which animal begins its life as a rock climbing kidney bean with no hind legs? What about the animal that starts it’s life as a pinhead sized ninja star only to grow into a 2,000 pound powerhouse? Take this lab to find out!
- All in the Family (November at HMNS and November 16th in Sugar Land) – If you haven’t HERD much about animal family groups then SCHOOL yourself with a class PACKed full of information!
- Signs of Intelligent Life (December at HMNS and December 14th in Sugar Land) – If you give a mouse a rake he’ll give HIMSELF a cookie! Discover the creative methods researchers have used to understand animal intelligence.
- Get a Grip (February at HMNS and February 22nd in Sugar Land) – Animals use everything from claws, hair, wrinkles and even microscopic spoons to get a grip. Uncover how they hang on in this lab.
- Australian Wildlife (March at HMNS and March 29th in Sugar Land) – It’s home to flying foxes, venomous wonders and the only two egg laying mammals in the world! Australia is a unique and fascinating biodiversity hotspot.
- Understanding Ungulates (April at HMNS and April 26th in Sugar Land) – The hooves have it in this lab all about hoofstock!
- Going, Going, Hopefully Not Gone! (May at HMNS and May 24th in Sugar Land) – Discover a world of rare and wonderful creatures as you learn about endangered species.