Aramco iExplore Energy is a program that uses the Museum’s resources, including its Wiess Energy Hall, to educate fifth grade teachers and students about the topic of energy, related TEKS objectives, and energy careers. The program has a component for educators as well as students.
The Educator Component includes:
- Energy related education from the Museum’s Wiess Energy Hall staff and Aramco support to 5th grade teachers
- A teacher workshop at the Museum which includes:
- A tour of the Wiess Energy Hall with emphasis on the 5th grade TEKS
- Assistance to the teachers in creating tour activities for their own students when the students attend the Museum. These activities will assist students in understanding topics they find challenging or difficult.
- Presentations of science labs related to energy so teachers can choose a lab for their students.
- A presentation by a geologist from Aramco to assist teachers in relating the TEKS to careers in science.
- Curriculum resources available for free to the teachers about energy education.
The student component includes:
- A tour of Wiess Energy Hall with a Museum staff member and the students’ teacher using the tour activity guide created by their teacher.
- Participation in an energy related lab chosen by the teacher
This program is for teachers and students of Galena Park ISD only. If you are not from Galena Park ISD and would like to book this program, please email email@example.com.