Giant millipedes, hissing cockroaches, stunning walking sticks, and beautiful butterflies will fascinate students of all ages during fun, hands-on presentations.
Amaze Your Students With Incredible, Live Insects! Cockrell Butterfly Center staff use exciting, hands-on presentations to introduce students to the wonderful world of plants, insects, and other arthropods! We offer seven separate programs, each with a different emphasis.
Where else can audiences touch a live walking-leaf insect, a butterfly chrysalis, or real honeycomb while learning about the importance of insects and their relatives to our world?
Details and Restrictions:
- Capacity: Maximum of 30 students per presentation
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
Tailored to grade-specific TEKS objectives.
Before and After presentation curriculum available for each Program
- Half Day: $425Maximum 3 hours, including up to 6 presentations
- Full Day: $525Maximum 5 hours, including up to 8 presentations
- Add on a Wildlife On Wheels program and a presentation of Docents To Go: Oceans to create an Animal Adaptations package! Take a tour around Texas by focusing on Texas wildlife, Native Americans, renewable energy, and the stars over the Lone Star State in the Traversing Texas package! Or, focus on forensics with the Crime Scene Exploration package by adding a ConocoPhillips Science On Stage Cool Chemistry presentation!