Full-dome presentations covering the solar system, earth science, ancient history, the human body, and more take students on incredible adventures.
Whether it’s soaring through the galaxy or driving monster trucks on the moon, The Discovery Dome takes audiences on a journey not possible anywhere else.
Our portable inflatable dome theater brings stars, planets, dinosaurs, volcanoes, tornadoes, DNA and much more to your school or group – with over 30 different films to choose from! Scripts and preview videos on DVD are available for many of the shows. Most shows offer Spanish versions as well! Preview your Discovery Dome show, or check out this brochure with all of our options!.
Each full-dome film or live presentation lasts 30 minutes, and you may choose several presentations in the same visit. Extended and late scheduling hours are also available.
Download TEKS-based objectives below.
These documents include specific TEKS correlations, activities to prepare your class for the outreach presentation, vocabulary covered in the presentation, and activities to reinforce what students have learned.
Details and Restrictions
- Capacity: Maximum of 30 students per presentation
- Grades: Pre-K – Adult
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
- Half Day: $425 3 hours / up to 5 sessions
- Full Day: $525 5 hours / up to 9 sessions
- Extended Day: $625 7 hours / up to 13 sessions
- Complement your journey to outer space with a presentation of Docents To Go: Astronomy and the all-new Science Start: Space in the Space Exploration package! Continue your study of geology and Earth’s processes with a Chevron Earth Science on Wheels Know Your Rocks program and a Docents To Go: Rocks and Minerals class in the Geology Jam package! After taking a look at the starry night over the Lone Star State, continue your study of Texas with the Traversing Texas package! This includes programs on Texas wildlife, Native Americans, migration patterns, and energy resources (available in Fall 2015). Add on a ConocoPhillips Science On Stage Motion Commotion program and a Chevron Earth Science on Wheels alternative energy program (available Fall 2015) to experience the Technological Wonders package!