Each and every 45-minute presentation by our expert volunteer docents is an object-based and interactive experience using actual Museum specimens.
During a Docents To Go outreach presentation, a trained HMNS docent will visit your school or organization with real Museum artifacts and specimens! Each 45-minute session is a hands-on interactive experience.
Choose from a wide variety of topics in science, natural history and culture – custom presentations with a combination of themes may also be created to fit your group’s needs.
- Ancient Egypt (Grade 3 – adult)
From mummies to the pyramids, experience amazing architectural and cultural aspects of Ancient Egypt.
- Birds (Grade 1 – adult)
Experience an amazing variety of birds and discover their fascinating ancestral roots, while learning about their adaptations for success.
- Energy (Grade 3 – adult)
Exciting demonstrations explore the remarkable forms of energy we encounter every day.
- Insects (Grades PK-3)
Investigate Earth’s most abundant forms of life and their marvelous characteristics.
- Native Americans (Grade 1 – adult)
Discover the inventive and resourceful lifestyles of North America’s earliest human residents.
- Oceans (Grades PK-5)
Dive into Earth’s largest ecosystem and examine intriguing examples of diverse ocean life.
- Paleontology (Grade 1 – adult)
Learn how living organisms are transformed into fossils and discover what fossils reveal about prehistoric life.
- Rocks and Minerals (Grade 3 – adult)
Explore the fascinating characteristics of the most important building blocks of Earth’s crust.
- Texas Wildlife (Grade 1 – adult)
Generate an appreciation for the amazingly varied creatures with which we share our state.
Details and Restrictions:
- Capacity: Approximately 40 audience members per presentation
- Distance: Dependent on presenter availability and time of program
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
Tailored to age level and setting.
- $100 per 45-minute presentation
- Complement your Astronomy presentation with a journey to outer space in the Discovery Dome and the all-new Science Start: Space in the Space Exploration package! Continue your study of animals with Wildlife On Wheels and Bugs On Wheels programs in the Animal Adaptations package!
- Rock your geology objectives by complementing your program with Earth’s Wild Ride in the Discovery Dome and a Chevron Earth Science On Wheels Know Your Rocks program in the Geology Jam package!
- Continue your study of Texas with the Traversing Texas package! This includes programs on Texas wildlife, migration patterns, energy resources, and a look at the starry night sky above the Lone Star State.