Think big! This interactive and fun program perfect for young learners will explore structural concepts in engineering, architecture and construction.
Discover which shapes build the strongest structures and see how even paper can become strong enough to hold up a person. Find out how architects and engineers design and build buildings, bridges, and skyscrapers, and deal with the challenges of building big.
Together, we can build a better world.
- The Three Little Pigs: An Architectural Tale, by Steven Guarnaccia
- How a House is Built, by Gail Gibbons
- What It Feels Like To Be A Building, by Forrest Wilson
- Iggy Peck, Architect, by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts
- The House on Maple Street, by Bonnie Pryor and Beth Peck
- The Story of Buildings: From the Pyramids to the Sydney Opera House, by Patrick Dillon and Stephen Biesty
- Bridges! Amazing Structures to Design, Build & Test, by Carol A. Johmann and Elizabeth J. Rieth
- Reach for the depths of outer space by complementing your Science Start: Space package with the Discovery Dome, our inflatable and portable planetarium, and a presentation of Docents To Go: Astronomy in the Space Exploration package!