Why does a trumpet play higher notes than a tuba? Can you still hear under water? How does sound move? Explore the science of sound through engaging and interactive demonstrations!
Discover vibration, frequency and more as we look at how sound is generated, how it travels, and how it is received by our ears.
Come along on our acoustic adventure!
- Investigating Sound, by Sally Walker
- The Ear Book, by Al Perkins
- Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin, by Lloyd Moss
- How Does the Ear Hear? And Five Other Questions About the Senses, by Melissa Stewart
- High-Tech DIY Projects with Music Instruments, by Maggie Murphy
- Reach for the depths of outer space by complementing your Science Start: Space package with the Discovery Dome, our inflatable and portable planetarium, and a presentation of Docents To Go: Astronomy in the Space Exploration package!