Live animals and real Museum specimens give students of all ages a unique, hands-on opportunity to dive into life science.
Explore The Basics Of Animal Life – With Live Animals! Featuring a wide variety of live animals and real Museum specimens, Wildlife On Wheels gives students a unique, hands-on opportunity to learn the basics of animal life. We offer five separate programs, each with a different emphasis.
Meet unusual animals and learn about their adaptations for survival, as you experience life science in a whole new way!
Details and Restrictions:
- Capacity: Maximum of 30 students per presentation
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Hand washing immediately following the presentation is strongly encouraged.
- For children ages Pre-K and younger, following the live animal presentation children will have an opportunity to touch one animal chosen by the presenter.
- For more information on the CDC recommendations regarding contact with live animals, download this PDF.
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
Tailored to grade-specific TEKS objectives.
Before and After presentation curriculum available for each Program
- Half Day: $425Maximum 3 hours, including up to 6 presentations
- Full Day: $525Maximum 5 hours, including up to 8 presentations
- Add a program of LyondellBasell Bugs On Wheels and Docents To Go: Oceans to try out the brand new Animal Adaptations package! Or complement your presentation in Texas Wildlife with additional programs about monarch butterflies, Native Americans, and the stars over the Lone Star State with the Traversing Texas package!