General Party Questions:
- What times do you offer for the regular parties? What times do you offer for the Deluxe Parties?
The regular parties are offered from 9-11am, 12-2pm and 3-5pm daily. The Deluxe Party can be held at any 2 ½ hour time frame during regular business hours, as longs as the space is available. Please contact us for availability.
- Can I tour the party space before I book it? When do you normally do site visits?
You can certainly tour the party spaces before you book the party! We offer site visits, by appointment only, Monday through Thursday.
- Are we responsible for cleaning up or bringing in our own trash bags?
No, we provide trash cans and trash bags in every party room, and we handle all of the clean-up!
- How will my guests know where to go?
We will have signs posted throughout the museum directing guests to your party room. Also, if your guests ask any of our staff members, they will be directed or escorted to the room.
- Does the party include the cost of admission for my guests?
Yes, your guests will not need to purchase a ticket to attend your party. Also, your guests are welcome to stay at the museum up until regular closing time to explore our permanent exhibits for free.
- How early can I arrive to set-up?
You will be allowed in the space 30 minutes early to set-up any items you may bring.
- Does the Museum provide food or cake for the party?
No, we do not provide food, cake, drinks, or paper goods (such as plates, silverware, napkins, etc).
- Can we bring our own food in?
Yes, you are welcome to bring in your own food or have it delivered. The only restrictions are no alcohol, no heating devices, and no full-scale catering companies.
- Can we have pizza delivered?
- Do you have any food services in the Museum?
At our Main location (Hermann Park) we have a McDonalds. Our Sugar Land museum only has vending machines.
- Can we provide our own crafts? If so, can we receive a discount on the party since we are providing the crafts?
We include crafts in the party price; it is your decision whether or not to accept the crafts that we offer, but a discount will not be given if you do not use any of our crafts. You are more than welcome to bring in your own additional crafts though.
- What crafts do you offer?
Our crafts are based on theme and age of the birthday child. If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Is there a cut-off date to purchase an add-on presentation for the parties?
You can purchase an add-on at any time before the party (except the day of the party), but there is no guarantee that an add-on will be available. We recommend giving us at least two weeks notice to better your chance of an add-on being available.
- What if your add-on isn’t available, can I hire my own?
If we offer the service, then you cannot hire your own as we have contracts with the companies we offer. If we do not offer the service, then we may allow the outside service on a case by case basis.
- Does purchasing an add-on extend my party time?
By purchasing an add-on, your party will automatically be extended by 30 minutes (you are not obligated to accept the additional 30 minutes). *Photography add-on does not extend your party.
- What is the difference between purchasing an add-on for the regular parties and the add-on that is already included in the Deluxe Parties?
If you purchase an add-on for a regular party, the party is extended by 30 minutes and the add-on is 45 minutes (at least) in length. The Deluxe Parties are 2 ½ hours in length and include a 30 minute add-on in the price. You can also purchase additional add-ons for the deluxe party, which would extend your party by an extra 30 minutes per add-on.
- Are infants and toddlers counted in the headcount for the party?
We do not count infants and toddlers in the overall headcount for the party. However, if a craft is made for an infant or toddler, they will be counted as we have to make sure we have enough craft supplies on hand.
- Is the birthday family counted in the overall number of children and adults allotted in the party rooms?
Yes, the party family and birthday child are included in the overall count.
- Is there a fee if I have extra children or adults in the party?
If you have more than the allotted number of children or adults, a fee of $10 per person will apply.
- Is there a discount for our guests if they park in the Museum Parking Garage?
Yes. Normally parking for a Non-Member is $20 per car, but as long as your guests tell the attendant that they were guests at your birthday party, they will receive a discount of $5 per car.
- Can I pay for my guests parking?
Yes, you are more than welcome to pay for your guests parking at the discounted rate if they park in our garage. Let us know if you would like to do this, and we can help facilitate this.
- What if the Museum Parking Garage is full, where should our guests park?
There are several free lots as well as other parking garage surrounding the Museum; however, we can only offer a discount at our parking garage.
- Does Sugar Land have a parking garage?
No, Sugar Land does not have a parking garage. Our Sugar Land location has an open parking lot that is free to park in.
- What is your rescheduling/cancellation policy?
Anything paid towards the birthday party is non-refundable, but we can change the party date once without an additional charge (party must be rescheduled within a year of the original date).