Brownie classes are designed for Scouts currently in 2nd or 3rd grade. Each class will earn a participant an entire badge. Sessions will last two hours and will begin at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Note: a chaperone must stay with the Scout.
Spring Break Classes
New this year, one-day classes (except for Environmental Science – 3 days) for Boy Scouts, Webelos and Girl Scouts! Avoid the Museum District traffic—take a Scout class during Spring Break at HMNS at Sugar Land. Each class will begin at 9:30 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. from March 13-15. Click here to learn more.
- Bugs – Explore the world of bugs.
- Fling Flyers Challenge – Brownies learn about the forces that affect flight
- Home Scientist – Explore science experiments from items out of your kitchen pantry.
- Inventor – Find creative solutions to problems.
- Leap Bot Challenge – Explore engineering, gravity and force by building and testing a Leap Bot.
- Race Car Challenge – Design a car and test the design’s effect on speed.