Careers in Science is an HMNS program specifically designed to expose Girl Scouts in 4th grade and up to scientific fields and introduce them to women enjoying STEM careers. Each class is two hours long and will begin at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Each participant will receive an HMNS exclusive patch upon completion. Collect all six!
- Archaeology – Learn the ins and outs of a variety of cultures with the Hall of Ancient Egypt and the John P. McGovern Hall of the Americas and what careers are available in archaeology and anthropology.
- Astronomy – Take a trip to the stars with the Museum and discover the techniques used to decipher the mysteries of the universe.
Biology – Investigate different habitats and ecosystems and explore the Cockrell Butterfly Center.
- Chemistry – Try out some chemical reactions and learn about how everyday objects interact with each other using the scientific method.
- Geology – Discover the composition and chemistry of the Earth and its history by using evidence from rock layers all over the world.
- Paleontology – Use the world-class Morian Hall of Paleontology to explore the fossil record with Museum paleontologists.