Careers in Science is an HMNS program specifically designed to expose Girl Scouts in 4th grade and up to scientific fields and introduce them to women enjoying STEM careers. Each class is two hours long and will begin at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Each participant will receive an HMNS-exclusive patch upon completion. Collect all six!
- Archaeology – Dig into the museum’s extensive anthropology collection with an expert.
- Astronomy – Explore the night sky with the Burke Baker Planetarium and more.
- Biology – Explore biology while learning about cells, animal anatomy and a pickle dissection!
- Chemistry – Try out some chemical reactions, and learn about how everyday objects interact with each other using the scientific method.
- Energy – Explore the different forms of energy, their sustainability, effects on wildlife and any carbon footprint through a variety of experiments.
- Engineering – Discovery the field of engineering. Work together to construct aqueducts and boats that float with a load of pennies!
- Geology – Discover the composition and chemistry of the Earth and its history by using evidence from rock layers all over the world.
- Paleontology – Use the world-class Morian Hall of Paleontology to explore the fossil record with museum paleontologists.
- Space Exploration – Discover the robotics and physics used in space explorations past and future. Have simulated Mars Rover Races, and face the challenges of NASA’s engineers with an egg drop.