Educational Summer Science Camps For Kids 6 – 12
Due to popular demand we have added more Camp Half Blood for ages 8-9 and 10-12 to the summer 2018 schedule:
- Camp Half Blood ages 8-9 is now available to register for the week of June 11-15
- Camp Half Blood ages 10-12 is now available to register for the week of July 16-20
- Camp Half Blood ages 8-9 is now available to register for the week of July 23-27
- Camp Half Blood ages 8-9 is now available to register for the week of August 6-10
- Camp Half Blood ages 10-12 is now available to register for the week of August 13-17
Due to popular demand we have added more Culinary Hero for ages 10-12 to the summer 2018 schedule:
Priority Member registration in February 2018!
Discoverer Members: Thursday, February 15
Family Flex Members: Monday, February 19
Family Plus and Family Members: Monday, February 26
General Public: Monday, March 19
Not a Member? Check out our Member Benefits – including the opportunity to register early for summer camp!
The basics of what you need to know! To help you prepare you and your camper for your first day of camp, we have compiled this basic list of answers to some frequently asked questions including information about lunches, before/after camp care, directions and what to expect on your first day. Download.
More sensational science than ever before! New topics for 2018: Advanced Food Science for ages 10-12, Camp Half Blood for ages 8-9 and 10-12 and Maker Lab Alpha for ages 10-12.
A summer of education and adventure awaits your child at HMNS. Our Xplorations Summer Camps will be held at the main Houston Museum of Natural Science location and at HMNS Sugar Land.
Xplorations Summer Science Adventures are week-long, hands-on science summer camps featuring science activities for children ages 6 – 12. Camps are held Monday – Friday from 10 am – 3 pm. For an additional weekly fee, care is available before camp begins each day, from 8 – 10 am, and after camp ends, from 3 – 5:30 pm.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
Xplorations Summer Camps will be held at the main museum location the weeks of:
- June 4–8
- June 11–15
- June 26–30
- July 2–3, 5–6, (4-day camp week)
- July 16–20
- July 23–27
- August 6–10
- August 13–17
We also offer summer camps at HMNS at Sugar Land! Details.
The Summer 2018 selection of action-packed science summer camps includes:
- Chemistry Camps, including Advanced Food Science, Junior Science Magic, Booms and Blast Offs, Wizard Science Academy, Kitchen Chemistry, Bedazzled, Crime Scene Investigators and Super Science Magic.
- Space Camps, including Space Cadet, Space Pilot, and Senior Space Commanders.
- Robotics Camps, including Riveting Robots, Lego Robotics, and the new and improved Advanced Lego Robotics.
- Physics Camps, including the always popular Star Warrior’s Academy, the new Maker Lab Alpha, Storm Chasers, Nature Unleashed: Journey to the Center of the Earth, Leonardo’s Workshop, Booms and Blast Offs, Junior Science Magic, Water Works, Extreme Machines, Fast & Furious and Design and Destroy
- Social Studies Camps, including Treasure Hunters, Camp Half Blood, Mummies and Mysteries, Science of the Round Table
- And Dinosaur Camps, including Junior Paleontologist, Dino Claws and Shark Jaws, and Paleontology 101!
Sign up early, as spaces fill fast!
Required Camper Health Record Form
A completed Xplorations Camper Health Record Form must be on file with the Xplorations office prior to each child beginning camp.
Stay Up To Date on Xplorations Summer Camps!
Sign up for email alerts to be the first to know about upcoming offerings!
HMNS will be offering scholarships for our 2018 Xplorations Summer Science camps.
ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program
The Xplorations Resource Coordinator internship is generously supported by the ExxonMobil Foundation as part of the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program.