NEW RESERVED PARKING SPACES IN THE MUSEUM GARAGE EXCLUSIVELY FOR XPLORATIONS SUMMER CAMP PATRONS
CAMPER DROP-OFF/PICK-UP CARPOOL SERVICE AVAILABLE IN SUMMER 2018 (Limited to Availability)
We know that parking can be a challenge during the summer at the museum; therefore we are implementing free reserved parking in the museum garage for the exclusive use of summer camp patrons and we are also implementing a Camper drop-off and pick-up carpool line that will be available to purchase. This service will be limited to 50 museum members who are registered summer camp patrons each week that Xplorations Summer Camp is in session.
- NEW RESERVED PARKING SPACES IN THE MUSEUM GARAGE EXCLUSIVELY FOR XPLORATIONS SUMMER CAMP PATRONS. DETAILS…
Free Parking will be available to Xplorations Summer Camp patrons in the museum garage at drop off and pick up. We will have approximately 80 coned and reserved parking spaces exclusively for Xplorations Summer Camp patrons to use during the weeks Xplorations Summer Camp is in session. Free parking is dependent on availability. Once the reserved coned spaces fill up, Xplorations Summer Camp patrons can park in any available space on the upper level of the museum garage dependent on availability for FREE.
Xplorations Summer Camp patrons utilizing the museum garage reserved spaces will need to display the SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS on their dash. The SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS will be emailed to all registered patrons prior to your scheduled week of camp. The SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS will also be available in the Education Office in the museum.
Also, summer camp patrons will need a COMPLIMENTARY PARKING COUPON to exit the museum garage for FREE. COMPLIMENTARY PARKING COUPONS will be available in all summer camp classrooms and in the Education Office inside the museum.
Please note that the HMNS parking garage fills quickly and is extremely busy during drop-off and pick-up times. We advise you to carpool and/or arrive early if you plan to use the Museum garage. Camper pick-up begins at 3:00 with a 25 minute grace period to address parking. Any child not picked up by 3:25 will be escorted to After Camp. Rest assured, we will keep your child safe until you arrive!
RESERVED CONED PARKING SPACES ARE FREE AND LIMITED TO AVAILABILITY, EXCLUSIVELY FOR XPLORATIONS SUMMER CAMP PATRONS. DETAILS…
Xplorations Summer Camp is scheduled for the following weeks in 2018:
- Week of June 4-8, 2018
- Week of June 11-15, 2018
- Week of June 25-29, 2018
- Week of July 2-3, 5-6, 2018 (no summer camp on July 4th)
- Week of July 16-20, 2018
- Week of July 23-27, 2018
- Week of August 6-10, 2018
- Week of August 13-17, 2018
Each week we will offer the reserve spaces on the following schedule:
- 7:45am – 10:30 am daily staff will direct Xplorations Summer Camp patrons displaying Xplorations Summer Camp Parking Pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
- 2:15pm-3:45pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday- staff will direct summer camp patrons displaying Xplorations parking pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
- 2:15pm-5:30pm Thursdays (Free Day) – staff will direct summer camp patrons displaying Xplorations parking pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
What to do:
- PLEASE PRINT the SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS. If you do not have access to a printer, we will also have SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASSES available at the garage entrance on Monday during drop-off and pick-up. SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASSES will also be available in the Education Office, at the Before Camp sign-in table, and in the classrooms.
- DISPLAY the SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS on the dash of your vehicle. It must be visible to HMNS staff in order to access reserved parking spaces.
- As Xplorations Summer Camp patrons enter the garage, staff will help direct those vehicles with a SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS into available spots. The reserved spaces will be located on the lower levels of the HMNS parking garage. Once the spots are full, you can park on the upper levels of the HMNS garage if spaces are available.
- The reserved spaces are not intended for patrons staying at the museum for an extended period.
- To EXIT the museum garage, we will provide complimentary parking coupons. These will be available in all Xplorations Summer Camp classrooms, Before-Camp sign-in table, and in the Education Office. Please hand the parking coupon to the garage attendance at the EXIT.
All Xplorations Summer Camp patrons planning to utilize the museum garage parking will need both the SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS to display and a COMPLEMENTARY PARKING COUPON to give to the attendant at exit.
- NEW LIMITED CAMPER DROP-OFF/PICK-UP CARPOOL SERVICE AVAILABLE TO IN SUMMER 2018
- Available to members of the museum exclusively
- $30 per week for an Xplorations Summer Camp Staff member to escort your camper to and from the camp classrooms and to ensure authorized pick-up and signature.
- Limited to 50 patrons per week
- Camper drop-off service not available on Monday mornings. Please utilize the museum garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete summer camp pick-up authorizations, order lunch, and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Camp patrons can purchase the service in advance online at hmns.org
- Limited quantities might be available on site the week of camp if not sold out online
- Camp patrons must be authorized to pick up designated camper, and all the names of campers to be picked up must be provided to the program coordinator at the time of purchase. Any changes to camper pickup must be communicated to the program coordinator no later than 1pm the day of service.
- Patrons using the service must display “Xplorations Summer Camp Carpool Pass” on their dash.
Xplorations Summer Camp will operate a camper drop-off and pick-up line during the weeks Xplorations Summer Camp is in session. This service will be limited to members of the museum. We will offer 50 “Xplorations Summer Camp Carpool Passes” per week when summer camp is in session. The service will be available to purchase online at hmns.org.
Xplorations Summer Camp patrons utilizing the Xplorations Summer Camp Drop/off and Pick/up line service will need to display the XPLORATIONS SUMMER CAMP CARPOOL PASS on their dash. The specific location of the carpool line and additional details will be available at hmns.org soon.
For details visit http://www.hmns.org/education/summer-camp/parking/ or view and print the Parents Guide to Xplorations Summer Camp available at http://.www.hmns.org/education/summer-camp
PLEASE CHECK HMNS.ORG FOR FUTURE UPDATES REGARDING SUMMER CAMP PARKING.
- Additional Free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot in the new Garden Center (Lot C)
- Metered parking on the streets around the Museum District
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the Circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free-daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Additional Paid Parking Options (At your own cost):
- Metered parking around the Museum District Museum Medical Tower
- Children’s Museum
- Holocaust Museum parking lot
- The MetroRail – The “Museum District”stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS.
- View an Area Parking Map.