As always, Xplorations patrons are able to park in any spot in the museum garage. However, we now have more options to make things more convenient.
There are two NEW Pick-Up/Drop-Off options for Xplorations Summer Camp 2018:
- Camper drop-off/pick-up carpool services
- Reserved coned parking spaces in the garage
Camper drop-off/pick-up carpool services:
- Exclusively available to museum members.
- The cost is $30 per week for a staff member to escort your camper to and from the classrooms and to ensure authorized pick-up/drop-off signature.
- Limited to 50 patrons per week.
- Not available on Monday mornings. Please use the museum garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete pick-up authorizations, order lunch and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Qualifying camp patrons can purchase this service in advance, online at hmns.org.
- Camp patrons must be authorized to pick up designated camper, and all the names of campers to be picked up must be provided to the program coordinator at the time of purchase. Any changes to camper pickup must be communicated to the program coordinator no later than 1 p.m. the day of service.
- Purchase the service here:
Reserved coned parking spaces in the garage:
- There will be about 80 coned parking spaces exclusively for Xplorations Summer Camp patrons.
- Once they’re all gone, Summer Camp patrons can still park in any available space in the parking garage.
- You need two things to park in the parking garage:
- Complimentary parking coupon so you can get out for free. These will be available in all Summer Camp classrooms and in the Education Office in the museum.
- Summer Camp parking pass displayed on your dashboard for the reserved spots. These passes will be emailed to all registered patrons and they will also be available in the Education Office in the museum. If you do not have access to a printer, these passes will be available at the parking garage entrance on Monday during drop-off and pick-up.
- Each week, reserved spaces are offered on the following schedule:
- 7:45 a.m.–10:30 a.m. Daily – staff will direct Summer Camp patrons displaying the Summer Camp parking pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
- 2:15 p.m.–3:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday – staff will direct Summer Camp patrons displaying the Summer Camp parking pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
- 2:15 p.m.–5:30 p.m. Thursdays (Free Day) – staff will direct Summer Camp patrons displaying the Summer Camp parking pass to available coned spaces on the lower levels of the museum garage.
View an Area Parking Map at http://www.hmns.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Area-Parking-Map-Camp.pdf
- Additional free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot in the new Garden Center (Lot C)
- Metered parking on the streets around the Museum District
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the Circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Additional paid parking options (at your own cost):
- Metered parking around the Museum District Museum Medical Tower
- Children’s Museum
- Holocaust Museum parking lot
- The MetroRail – The “Museum District” stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS.