HMNS Summer Virtual Camps are summer camps that have been specifically designed for a virtual format. Virtual camps provide around one hour of educational engagement for your child every day for one week, live interaction with one our skilled educators, self-guided learning opportunities for kids (though parents are always welcome to participate) and individual supply boxes for camp specific supplies. An HMNS Educator will be on a virtual call with the camp to interact with campers, lead them in activities and answer questions. We will also have a moderator for each camp managing the logistics of the camps and offering tech support if needed.
Week-long Virtual Summer Camps will be held May 31 through August 13.
Virtual camps provide:
- Camps are delivered via ZOOM and facilitated by one museum educator and one moderator. You will receive an EMAIL delivering additional information the Wednesday morning prior to your start date for each virtual camp booked.
- CAMP SUPPLIES from the museum will be provided to you for virtual camps. We assume campers have basic school supplies such as washable markers, scissors, tape, etc. but will send materials specific to the camp activities.
- You will have the opportunity to SELECT YOUR PREFERRED DELIVERY METHOD — either MAIL or PICK UP AT THE MUSEUM — during the checkout process. Shipping is included in the price of each camp; if you would prefer to pick up your supplies, you will receive a $10 credit to the HMNS Museum Store in your supply box.
- Supplies will be mailed to the address provided. If you input the incorrect address for shipping, please email email@example.com within 24 hours to make any corrections.
- If you select to pick up your supply box at the museum, you will receive an email the Monday prior to your scheduled virtual camp with details about pick-up at the museum.
Families Love Virtual Camp
Here are what families have been saying about HMNS Virtual Summer Programs:
“I just wanted to send a HUGE thank you for such a fun week! At first (my camper) was shy and hesitant that this was going to be “boring or weird.” She ended up engaging, laughing and learning some cool new stuff! Thank you very much for being such a patient teacher and really listening/watching to encourage these kiddos. I was amazed at what a difference a smaller class size makes. We are so glad to have this opportunity to attend HMNS camp this summer.”
“Thank you so very much for doing a great job on this class. My daughter loved it! I was busy working and so excited to see that she did it all herself with your instructions. I was so proud of her and it gave her so much confidence.”
“Thanks for a great virtual experience. My daughter took the magic science camp this week and really enjoyed it. I love the small interactive classes.”
“Thank you so much for the class today! (My camper) had the best time and learned so much. She is really looking forward to the rest of the week. This is just such a wonderful opportunity and we really appreciate it so much!”
97% of parents surveyed agreed that HMNS Virtual Summer Camps were a good value—sign up today!