3:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
Make plans to attend Astronomy Day at the Houston Museum of Natural Science’s George Observatory in Brazos Bend State Park. This annual October event is free with state park admission, open to the public and includes activities for all ages. Festivities begin in the afternoon, but this event really comes to life after dark when the stars begin to shine.
- View sunspots in the daytime with filtered telescopes
- Explore the numerous indoor displays
- Meet local astronomy clubs and hear astronomy presentations
- Learn how to purchase and use telescopes
- Participate in children’s crafts
- Take a guided tour of the constellations from the Observatory deck
- This family event is sponsored by a dozen local astronomy clubs and NASA organizations. Find more information at www.astronomyday.net.
Entrance into the park is not permitted after 9:30 p.m. Park entrance fees apply.