The George Observatory offers many opportunities for Juniors to progress on their Girl Scout Journeys!
- Journey to the Stars Overnight Program
Junior Girl Scouts take an amazing journey into space when they stay overnight at the George Observatory!
- Friday night: Learn about light pollution, constellations, careers in astronomy, look through Observatory telescopes (weather permitting), take a night hike around Creekfield Lake, and spend the night inside the Observatory exhibit area.
- Saturday: Blast into outer space with a Chevron Expedition Center Mission!
- Journey Tie Ins
This program offers tie ins to all three Junior-level Journeys and provides opportunities to address Junior National Leadership Outcomes. Download the Journey Tie Ins.
- Cost: Girls $40, Adults $15
- Dates Available:
- December 1-2 SOLD OUT
- January 12-13
- January 26-27
- February 9-10
- February 23-24
- March 23-24
- April 6-7
- May 11-12
- Take An Expedition Any Time!
Any troop can schedule a mission to the Moon in the Expedition Center at the George Observatory! Come out on a Saturday afternoon, take an expedition to space and have a picnic. When the stars come out, come back to the Observatory for a look through the telescopes!Reservations required for the Chevron Expedition Center Program mission. This simulated space flight is adaptable for all age levels of Scouts.