Travel Through History In Time Labs. Bringing a group to HMNS at Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $200 and *$250 per lab (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls for participating students and their chaperones.
- Garbology(October at HMNS and October 25th in Sugar Land) – Archaeologists love garbage! Come discover the story that can be told by studying the trash that ancient people left behind.
- Ancient Greece by the Numbers(November at HMNS) – Meet the revolutionary mathematical thinkers from ancient Greece from Hypatia to Pythagoras and beyond.
- Cracking the Egyptian Code(December at HMNS) – Discover the secret of the Rosetta Stone as you discover how ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics were deciphered – then try your hand at cracking your own code!
- Pyroclastic Pompeii(January at HMNS and January 24th in Sugar Land) – Meet the inhabitants of this ancient city as you journey through the ghostly remains buried deep beneath volcanic ash.
- Ancient Persia(February at HMNS) – Enter through the Gate of Xerxes as we explore the ruins of the ancient Persian city of Persepolis and discover how this ancient culture influenced our own.
- Magnificent Money(March at HMNS and March 29th in Sugar Land) – Become a numismatist as you travel the timeline of money and its many forms and uses.