Travel Through History In Time Labs. Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $200 and *$250 per lab (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls for participating students and their chaperones.
- Barbarians! (October at HMNS and October 24th in Sugar Land) – Go Goth as you meet the bad boys and girls that helped to usher in the Middle Ages.
- Heraldry (November at HMNS) – Use unique combinations of colors, shapes and animals, to create your own shield as you discover the history of heraldry.
- Vikings (December at HMNS) – Boat builders, farmers, and fierce warriors are but a few descriptors for the amazing people known as the Vikings. Experience Viking culture and activities in this hands-on class.
- Medieval Life (January at HMNS and January 23rd in Sugar Land) – Feudalism can be fun! Travel the “Three Estates” as you discover what life held for various people in the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Medicine (February at HMNS) – From bile to blood and beyond! Come explore the medicine of the Middle Ages and make an apothecary box to take home.
- Silk Road (March at HMNS and March 27th in Sugar Land) – Come and “travel” the silk road as you encounter interesting people and exotic goods.