2ND SATURDAY Is For Members!
Opening at 8 a.m. for Members only.
On the second Saturday of each month at our main location in Hermann Park, HMNS will open one hour early for Members only! See the Museum’s permanent exhibitions—always free for Members—before the crowds. Get exclusive discounted entry to special exhibitions, and enjoy arts & crafts, touch carts and guided tours while you’re here. Also featuring—Kid’s Pass! Bring it back every 2nd Saturday and your child will receive a small prize!
2ND SATURDAY is always free for Members. Make the most of your Membership and join us for 2ND SATURDAY.
And don’t miss out, now 2nd Saturday will now feature family programming from 9 a.m. to noon —with a different theme each month!
- Jan: Come explore the Lunar Eclipse with an educational lunar craft!
- Feb: Learn more about density through our interactive program “Discovering Density”
- Mar: Is it venomous or is it poisonous? Or maybe both? Explore the difference between poison and venom with us!
- Apr: Flowers are blooming early this year! Join us and celebrate our Earth by making a beautiful wildflower from recycled material
- May: Come talk about Energy with us through our interactive program “Exploring Energy”
- June: Make your Dad a great Father’s Day gift while learning about the early printing process!
- July: Join us this month and take home an awesome balloon creation!
- Aug: Love dinosaurs? We do too! Come learn about some of the dinosaurs in our Paleontology hall up close and personal through our program “Dinosaur Discovery”
- Sep: Come make your own interesting and unique pin to take home and show off!
- Oct: Join us this month and take home an awesome balloon creation!
- Nov: It’s that time again! Make an ornament to take home or leave with us – come back in December to see it hanging on the HMNS Member Tree in the Grand Hall!
- Dec: Ever wonder about the weather? That’s great, we love to learn about it! Come explore the atmosphere and our ever-changing weather!
For information about Second Saturday at HMNS at Sugar Land, please click here.