How can I contact the Membership Office?
How do I join/renew my Membership?
How do I sign up/cancel Auto Renew?
- Online by hitting the “Join Today” button on http://www.hmns.org/support-hmns/become-a-member/.
- Over the phone at 713-639-4629.
- By mailing a check or credit card information to P.O. Box 301058, Dallas, TX 75303-1058 or to our physical address at 5555 Hermann Park Dr., Houston, TX 77030.
- Or, of course, in person at the box office at either our Hermann Park location or at our Sugar Land location.
By calling the Membership Office at 713-639-4616.
Do I automatically get 20% off my Membership when I sign up?
When you sign up for Auto Renew, you get a 20% discount every year your membership is automatically renewed. Memberships will be renewed at full price the first year and then renewed at a 20% discount each year the membership is automatically renewed.
How long is my Membership valid?
Until the end of the month one year from date of purchase.
What is your policy on cancellation and refunds?
Can I loan my Membership card out?
- Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Memberships are NOT transferable. The membership can only be used by the person or persons listed on the membership cards.
Do I have to wait until my current Membership expires in order to upgrade?
You can upgrade until three months before your Membership expires.
How can I check if my Membership is still valid/ order a replacement card?
Is my Membership tax deductible?
- By calling the Museum’s main line at 713-639-4629 or our membership line at 713-639-4616, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which exhibitions are included in my Membership?
- Depending on your level your membership may be completely tax deductible.
- Student, Senior, Individual, Dual, Family, Family Plus, and Family Flex memberships have no fair market value.
- HMNS Catalysts Individual memberships have a fair market value of $40.00
- HMNS Catalysts Dual memberships have a fair market value of $80.00
- HMNS Catalysts Family memberships have a fair market value of $80.00
- Discoverer memberships have a fair market value of $72.00
- Benefactor memberships have a fair market value of $152.00
All memberships come with year-round free entry into the Permanent Exhibit Halls at the Hermann Park location and our Sugar Land location. Members receive discounts on ticketed, traveling exhibitions and venues.
What discounts does my Membership include?
- Discounts for Members include traveling exhibits at the Hermann Park location and our Sugar Land location and our Main Campus venues: the Cockrell Butterfly Center, the Burke Baker Planetarium, and the Wortham Giant Screen Theater.
- Family Level memberships and above receive discounts on our Xplorations Summer Camps.
- All Members receive discounts on lectures and public Museum events.
- All Members receive at least a 10% discount in all Museum’s shops.
Do Members receive a discount in the parking garage?
Members pay only $5.00 to park in the Museum’s parking garage.
Do my guests receive discounted tickets to the Museum?
Anyone not covered under your membership will receive guest pricing.
When will my Membership cards arrive?
Between two and four weeks of the purchase of your Membership.
Can I visit the Museum before I receive my cards?
All you need to do is show your photo ID to the cashier at the box office.
May I assign a secondary Membership card holder?
Student, Senior and Individual levels are for only one person, therefore can only list one name. Membership levels Dual and above can have up to two names, however both people must be adults from the same household.
Do my children need Membership cards?
Only adults 18 and older are listed on the membership cards. Children must be accompanied by an adult with a membership to receive Member pricing.
I am an educator. Will I receive a discount?
Educators and public servants receive discounts on our Memberships, with proof of employment. Please visit the box office in order to receive the discount.
Is there a military discount?
A discount is available as long as the purchaser has a Military ID. Please visit the box office in order to receive the discount.
Can I use my Membership in other institutions or museums?
We are not part of the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC). Our memberships may only be used at our Hermann Park location, our Sugar Land location, or at the George Observatory located at Brazos Bend State Park.
Can I give a Membership as a gift?
I received a Gift Membership. How do I start using it?
You can purchase a gift membership over the phone at 713-639-4629, online at http://www.hmns.org/giftmembership
, or in person at the box office.
Are there Student or Senior Membership levels?
The Gift Packet contains a Gift Enrollment Form. Simply turn in the form by mail to 5555 Hermann Park Dr., Houston, TX 77030 by email to email@example.com
; or in person at the box office.
We have both Student and Senior Membership levels. The benefits are the same as an Individual level. Please visit the box office in order to purchase a Student or Senior membership.
Are there any special Membership groups for young professionals?
What is MuseumNews?
Our HMNS Catalysts Young Professionals group has three levels of Membership available: HMNS Catalysts Individual, HMNS Catalysts Dual, and HMNS Catalysts Family. For more information go to http://www.hmns.org/catalysts
, call us at 713-639-4616, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
is our in-house Member’s only publication.