Thank you for joining as a Member of the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Your support ensures that our exhibitions and educational programs will enrich the community for many years to come – and your membership has many fun benefits for you over the coming year! Check out the video below, featuring the Museum’s helpful Concierge staff, for a quick overview of some of those benefits!
Making the Most of Your Membership
HMNS Membership can pay for itself in just one visit, but there are dozens of reasons to come back and visit soon! Make the most of your membership with the following tips:
- Visit frequently! Your membership will get you unlimited, FREE admission to the HMNS permanent exhibit halls for a full year, so take advantage of that by coming back to see us as often as you can. There’s so much to explore!
- While you’re here, take a tour with one of our spectacular Discovery Guides. Daily, family-friendly tours are available in the Morian Hall of Paleontology and Hall of Ancient Egypt.
- When you get to HMNS, make sure you use the special “Members Only” ticket line at the box office – save time, get in the Member line!
- Stay informed! We send a weekly Member email, packed with Members-only events, tips for visiting, and special benefits. If you provided your email address on your member form, we’ll be in touch soon. If not – scroll to the bottom of this page and click “sign up today!” and select “member news.”
- Many annual events are included with admission to our permanent exhibit halls – which makes them always FREE for Members! Don’t miss our annual Girls Exploring Math & Science event, Earth Day, Hack Day and many more!
- Don’t miss any of our newest planetarium or giant screen films! Members get discounts on tickets to the Burke Baker Planetarium and Wortham Giant Screen Theatre.
- If you’re coming to see us during the summer, make sure you come early in the day, as the crowds will start filling the Museum around lunchtime and in the afternoon. Year-round, on every 2nd Saturday of the month, HMNS opens at 8 a.m. for Members only! We’ll have activities, tours, touch carts and a photobooth to commemorate the event.
- Be sure to show your membership card every time you make a purchase in the Museum Store, because all members get at least 10% off in the shop! Be sure to stop by the store the day you join or renew – all members get 25% off that day!
- Be the first to see our special exhibitions! The first three days are always Members-only. Members also have access to discounted tickets for the whole run of the special exhibit and special Members-only events inside the exhibitions.
- Keep an eye on the schedule of adult education lectures, classes, and behind-the-scenes tours. Members receive special, lower admission for all of these events!
- Mark you calendars for Member-exclusive events, such as our popular children’s event World Trekkers, HMNS Catalysts mixers for young adults, or the family-friendly Members Night at the George Observatory!
- Check out the HMNS satellite facility, the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land! Full of interactive areas, including a dig pit, microscope lab, physics demonstrations, and more, this exciting institution is fun for all ages, and its permanent exhibit halls are free with your membership!
- Instill in your children a love of learning with Xplorations summer camps and Scouts@HMNS classes! Members get priority registration as well as significantly reduced prices.
- Stop by the Concierge Desk if you have any questions. Our Concierge team is here to help you with anything you may need during your visit.
From our membership team and all of us at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, thank you once again for joining our membership community!