Position: George Observatory Cashier/Discovery Dome Operator
Department: George Observatory
Employment Status: Part-Time Hourly
Reports to: Director of Operations
The primary function of the cashier/ discovery dome operator will be to operate and maintain the George Observatory gift shop. Additionally, the candidate will assist in operating and maintaining the Discovery Dome as well as answer questions and provide customer service to all patrons and assist the Director of Operations in opening and closing procedures.
- Attention to detail, and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Punctual and self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and time.
- Strong cash handling experience.
- People oriented, respectful and friendly.
- Must be able to work weekend and evening hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
Hours: Every Saturday from 2:30-10:00pm. Some additional hours as required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Joshua Rohn at email@example.com.