The Houston Museum of Natural Science is currently seeking outgoing self-starters to perform a variety of functions in our customer service operations. It is a part time position (up to 28 hours per week) and offers a starting rate of $8.00 per hour plus commission opportunities!
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to: box office cashier, greeter, garage attendant, call center representative, Giant Screen Theater and Planetarium usher, energy hall motion platform operator, BroncoSaurus, and Birdley operator (a virtual reality experience). Overall, our CS Reps assist guests in any way we can to ensure a fun and educationally enlightening visit. It is a part time position (during the summer only, part-time staff may work up to 39 hours per week.) and offers a starting rate of $8.00 Per Hour plus commission opportunities! The job requirements are:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Relevant volunteer or work experience is preferred.
- Must be scheduled for a minimum of one fixed shift a week (Friday through Wednesday shifts start at 8:15 am and end at 7:00 pm; Thursday shifts start at 8:15 am and end at 10:00 pm). Available to work 4pm to 9pm on Thursdays is preferred.
- Available to work on holidays (the museum is open 7 days week, and is only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).
- Cashier and data entry experience is preferred.
- Available to begin working a weekly fixed schedule two weeks from interview.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds, sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
If you have an interest in science and history, are enthusiastic, reliable, and able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays—this is the job for you.
Resumes should be submitted to Saul Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org.