|Employment Status:||Full Time Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|Reports To:||VP of Building and Facilities|
The Facilities Manager, or Maintenance Manager, will work closely with the VP of Building and Facilities to maintain and oversee functions related to the grounds, buildings and equipment to ensure safety and functionality.
We are looking for multi-skilled candidates who can balance technical maintenance with good people skills. The Facilities Manager is responsible for supporting a suitable working environment. It will be the responsibility of the Facilities Manager to ensure and track the ongoing health of mechanical assets, including coordinating with vendors and presenting action plans to the VP of Building Facilities for approval.
Moreover, the Facilities Manager needs to be able to attend to multiple concerns involving both workers and their working environment, requiring good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Oversees the daily workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the equipment and facilities department.
- Inspects and coordinates routine maintenance on assigned equipment and facilities as appropriate.
- Ensures assigned facilities and equipment are ready for regular business and special events.
- Maintains files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as assigning, documenting and tracking maintenance orders.
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for VP of Building and other relevant staff.
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions.
- Collaborating with VP of Building on budgeting for facilities needs.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Oversees and supervises the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Reviews service contracts and forwards to VP of Building for review.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors, and team members.
- Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Basic understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, the equipment and facilities to be maintained.
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties.
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Ability to operate a desk top computer, smart phone, and tablet.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelors degree in facility management, business, information management, or engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years in related positions.
- Experience managing the company’s type of facilities, equipment, and events preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through Thursday, July 31, 2021.