The Gallery Attendant position welcomes individuals who have an interest in science and history, outgoing, friendly, happy, upbeat, a personality who enjoys—and is capable of—proactively engaging visitors of all ages and diverse backgrounds in conversation about the museum galleries. Overall, our Gallery Attendants assist guests in any way we can to ensure a fun and educationally enlightening visit.
The duties of this positions include but are not limited to:
- Protect museum exhibition artifacts from vandalism and theft
- Interact with visitors to give directions, information, and provide general assistance
- Enforce all museum security policies and procedures
The job requirements are:
- Must be at least 14 years old to apply
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, and climb stairs
- Should have good verbal communication skills in order to communicate with visitors and staff
- Able to handle a fast pace working environment, alert and able to respond quickly in an emergency
- Must have an interest in science (training will be provided)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relevant volunteer or work experience is preferred
- Must be scheduled for a minimum of one fixed shift a week (shift: 815 am to 5:15 pm)
- Able to work on holidays and some evenings
It is a part time position (up to 28 hours per week) and offers a starting rate of $8.00 per hour!
To apply, email you resume to Saul Moran at email@example.com.