Organization: Houston Museum of Natural Science
Hours: 16-30 hours per week | Requires working Weekends (Fri – Sun) 8:30AM-6:00PM
Start Dates: ASAP
Supervisor: HMNS Store Manager
The Houston Museum of Natural Science’s Museum Store is hiring friendly, enthusiastic individuals with sales and customer service experience. Training will be provided on the store’s registers and products. The Museum Store features an array of interesting and educational products and is a major source of revenue for the museum. Employees who succeed as sales associates have the potential to move towards a strong career path in the Museum Store.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, which includes: greeting customers, answering questions, and providing product information.
- Ability to promote and sell merchandise, maintain store displays and stock areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be attentive to customers and to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to arrive to work on time as scheduled.
- Capable of lifting at least 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
Send resumes to Jeanette Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is January 29th. Chosen applicants will be called for an in-person interview.