Position: Inventory Manager
Department: Gift Shop
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports to: Store Manager
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is looking for a dedicated and reliable Inventory Manager to join the HMNS retail team. The position’s chief goal will be to monitor and report on inventory levels. Applicants will also be responsible for utilizing the existing inventory tracking systems, reviewing levels of supplies, letting store management team know when it’s time to reorder, adding price tags and bringing inventory from the stockroom to the store and performing a daily analysis.
A successful inventory manager is a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities. The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
· Examine the levels of products to determine shortages.
· Document daily deliveries and shipments to update inventory.
· Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments.
· Evaluate new inventory to ensure it is ready for shipment.
· Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
· Lead and handle the inventory audit annually.
· Ability and knowledge (of various equipment) to receive and move large pallets of inventory
· Maintain stockrooms to ensure easy access to all products when needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant field.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
· An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
· Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
· Must be able to arrive to work on time as scheduled.
· Must have proven track record of reliable punctuality and attendance.
· Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
· Must be to lift, pull, and carry loads up to 80 pounds
· Have a reliable source of transportation to travel to museum’s off-site location stores.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Latha Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, November 20, 2020.