Position Title: Membership Marketing/Event Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Membership
FLSA status: Salaried, full-time, exempt from overtime
Membership Department – Management Guidelines:
- The Manager of Member Engagement is responsible for setting the tone, attitude & character the Membership staff are expected to project, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times – business casual dress unless otherwise appropriate.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues as well as reporting staff.
- Maintain open lines of communication with department management staff.
- Navigating stressful situations and handling guest issues successfully. Is an active problem solver ready to improve department operations.
- Give clear concise direction to Membership employees while providing both positive and corrective feedback.
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure smooth programs and promotions. Provide useful and timely feedback to the Visitor Services department to improve their cashiers’ data entry skills and event logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Event planning and management: responsible for all stages of event planning, design, and production for a wide range of museum membership events and programs, research and develop special event programming for specific membership subsets.
- Development of crafts and activities for museum members of all ages, coordination of event logistics and communications, schedule event vendors and recruit performers.
- Budget management: Ensure membership events are planned to meet budget parameters and track event expenses.
- Attend and manage member events, including onsite and offsite.
- In coordination with department management – oversight of the Catalysts steering committee and sub committees. Including collaborating with museum departments to develop strategy for growth and engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate Steering Committee meetings including follow up communications.
- Appropriately handle issues. Includes cultivating relationships with current members to drive high retention rates, encouraging former members to rejoin, addressing customer service issues to the guest’s satisfaction, and ensuring members have received all advertised benefits and privileges.
- Identify new opportunities for community engagement and member recruitment opportunities. May include offsite membership promotion as needed.
- Develop and train membership staff to manage various aspects of event duties. Including day of event management.
- Coordinate with museum marketing department to develop collaborative management of HMNS Catalysts Facebook and Instagram accounts including coordination of social media and online membership marketing.
- Collaborate and contribute to member email blasts, discounted and gift membership campaigns, acquisition and renewal campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop and online platforms such as MailChimp
- Ability to foster strong relationships with museum members and donors and a passion for high quality customer service
- Outstanding written and communication skills required
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience planning and managing a wide range of events for all age groups with attendance of up to 1000 people
- Knowledgeable about non-profit strategies for membership recruitment and retention through direct mail marketing, email marketing, online marketing and social media.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to Jill Villa at email@example.com. Resumes will accepted through Thursday, June 6, 2019.