Position: Social Media Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time Salary, exempt
Reports to: Reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications
The social media manager is a key and integral part of the HMNS digital team who will work alongside the Director of Marketing & Communications and HMNS Digital Team to raise public awareness through the HMNS and HMNS Satellite location social media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
- Communicate hard science and history in a fun and captivating way for a general audience
- Responsible for growing followers and engagement across all channels.
- Understand the overall “voice” of the museum and convey that voice in writing as the brand storyteller
- Create clickable, shareable, on-brand social content that engages our followers and encourages virality
- Generate creative call to actions
- Communicate social media needs to videographer/photographer and assist in production of multimedia content
- Research, create, write and manage multiple daily posts for all social media channels
- Answer and engage with followers in a timely manner
- Manage the weekly content calendar and drive the weekly content meetings with the digital team
- Assist other departments with their social media channels
- Stay up to date on current social and digital media trends
- Train and prep interviewees for live social videos
- Ability to adapt and communicate with a broad range of experts and museum staff
- Proofread a wide array of museum materials, including but not limited to exhibit labels, social media and website copy, according to the Associate Press (AP) Style Guide.
- Assist in other duties as needed
- Proven experience (4+ years) as a social media manager
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated success as a content creator that brings new ideas and storytelling to the table
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing creative social media campaigns
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong customer service instincts when responding to followers on social channels
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- An interest in natural science
- Knowledge of Associate Press (AP) Style Guide
- Working knowledge in all social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate with several teams at once, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work effectively in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a digital portfolio along with your resume and cover letter, and be prepared to write a couple of posts from information and photos provided by HMNS if chosen for an interview.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to Melodie Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through Thursday, November 29, 2018.