Position: Special Events Coordinator
Employment Status: Full Time Hourly
Reports to: Director of Special Events
The Houston Museum of Natural Science can be rented out by corporations and individuals for a variety of events. These events can be corporate parties, weddings, receptions, galas, dinners, seminars, lunches, etc. They require a wide variety of assistance from complete coordination among the different departments to working with caterers, valet companies, security, HPD, entertainment, décor and much more.
The position requires someone who has a strong interest in the special events industry. The person needs to have strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively handle a fast paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as onsite manager for rental and promotional events and insure all HMNS commitments to rental clients are fulfilled
- Work evening, weekend and holiday events as scheduled. This is a must.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Special Events to discuss events for that week, who will handle the event, communicate all details internally, etc
- Assist in managing events for the Marketing department as well as all other internal departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with caterers, events a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interact with vendors, staff and internal/external clients in a calm, professional and friendly manner at all times
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well in a close-knit team.
- Required to wear appropriate business attire for all events.
- Required to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to arrive to work on time as scheduled.
- Must have proven track record of reliable punctuality and attendance.
- Capable of lifting 30+ lbs of equipment, etc.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs safely
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Ashley Zalta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, March 13, 2020.