Salary: $9.50 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday -Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm)
Dates: May 26, 2020 – August 14, 2020
Supervisor: Scott Stevenson, Director of Summer Camp at HMNS, email@example.com
The Summer Camp at HMNS Camper Health Coordinator Intern must be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and ready to ask questions. The Intern must be able to meet required deadlines and maintain an up to date database of camper health records throughout the Summer Camp program. The Intern will be supervised and mentored by the Summer Camp at HMNS Camp Director and work directly with the Summer Camp Registrar in the Education Office.
The goal of the Houston Museum of Natural Science is to provide the Intern with a challenging project that allows him/her to develop professional skills while working with Museum patrons, summer campers, interacting with Summer Camp staff, and contributing to the program as part of the Summer Camp team. The Intern will learn the importance of non-profit service in a Museum environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Meet once a week with supervisor to discuss challenges and progress of projects.
· Support the Summer Camp team, this includes active participation in staff meetings.
· Collect and organize camper health records each week
· Identify any camper special needs, allergies and medical issues
· Manage medication check-in procedure and ensure camper access to appropriate medications
· Maintain records of all health information for summer campers
· Follow up with patrons for missing information and health record forms
· Assist the Director of Summer Camp at HMNS with minor medical issues of campers
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be a full time undergraduate student as of spring 2020 returning as a full time student in fall 2020.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and creating spreadsheets for data tracking.
· Interest in working in a museum and educational environment.
· Comfortable working with children ages 6-12 years old
· Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons.
· Intern must have access to reliable transportation.
· Intern must be comfortable lifting large items, approximately 40 lbs.
· Must be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and ready to ask questions.
To apply please send a letter of interest along with a current resume to Scott Stevenson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
no phone calls please. Accepted applicants will be asked to attend an onsite interview.