Salary: $7.50 per hour
Hours: Seasonal Part Time, Up to 35 hours per week
Two shifts daily, Monday -Friday 1st shift: 7 a.m.–11 a.m. and 2nd shift: 1:30 p.m.–4 p.m.
Applicants can apply to work one shift per day or two shifts per day.
11 a.m.–1:30 p.m. daily is off-time.
Dates: June 3, 2019 – August 16, 2019
Shifts available the weeks of June 3-7, June 10-14, June 24-28, July 1-3, July 15-19, July 22-26, August 5-9, and August 12-16
No shifts available the weeks of June 17-21, July 8-12, and July 29-August 2
Supervisor: Scott Stevenson, Director of Summer Camp at HMNS
The Summer Camp at HMNS Parking Garage Attendant must be able to work inside the museum parking garage during the summer heat, stand on your feet, move around the garage, be alert, and provide excellent customer service to summer camp patrons using the museum garage. For the Summer Camp at HMNS program, the museum will have approximately 80 coned and reserved parking spaces for summer camp patrons to park during the drop off and pick up timeframes daily when summer camp is in session. The spaces are dependent upon availability.
The Summer Camp at HMNS Parking Garage Attendant will be responsible for identifying summer camp patrons entering the garage, direct and assist summer camp patrons to an available coned space, remove the cone from the space and direct summer camp patron to park, place cone to the side when patron is parked, assist with traffic control, assist summer camp patrons backing out of parking space, and placing the cone in the space to reserve for the next summer camp patron. This position will also require communicating with the other parking attendants via radio or voice.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work physically in the museum parking garage
- Identify summer camp patrons with parking pass displayed in their car
- Direct and assist summer camp patrons to an available reserved parking space.
- Place cone to the side while summer camp patron is parked.
- Assist summer camp patrons backing out of parking spaces.
- Assist with traffic control while summer camp patrons are backing out of parking spaces.
- Replace the cone in the parking space to reserve for the next summer camp patron
- Communicate with fellow garage attendants and other museum staff in the garage regarding capacity and traffic.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able and willing to work in the heat in the museum parking garage
- Must be able and willing to stand on your feet for hours at a time.
- Interest in working in a museum and educational environment.
- Interest in customer service and interaction with Museum patrons.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be friendly, reliable and ready to ask questions.
- To apply:
Please send a letter of interest along with a current resume to Scott Stevenson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. Accepted applicants will be asked to attend an onsite interview.
To view a printable version of this job description, click here.