Department: Membership Department
Employment Status: Part Time Hourly/$8.50
Reports to: Director of Membership
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learn all aspects of working in Museum membership
- Ensure high levels of member services and check and return phone calls and emails from museum members
- Update and maintain donor information and input new and renewing memberships into the donor database
- Generate membership cards and acknowledgement letters for donor contributions
- Post and reconcile gift batches in Raiser’s Edge
- Perform all gift entry and acknowledgements for all levels of donor contributions received through the Development office
- Maintain the integrity of the donor database by ensuring the accuracy of member and donor records and perform data cleansing functions in the database
- Generate analytical reports for the Membership and Development departments
- Manage all in-house membership mailings, including gift acknowledgements, membership letters, AutoRenew notifications and gift membership packages
- Coordinate holiday gift membership promotion: tracking gifts, sending mailings, updating membership extensions, and matching back donations to donors
- Daily deposits and transactions for all check and credit card donations received directly through the Membership office
- Provide staff assistance at all museum membership events and promotions, including event setup and breakdown
- Assist Data Manager and Director of Membership with special projects, as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Working knowledge of ATMS ticketing system or Raiser’s Edge
- Strong organizational, detail oriented, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong customer service skills; must be comfortable dealing with members on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and apply flexibility to unplanned or changing departmental needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of member and donor records
- Must be able to arrive to work on time and work one or both days of the weekend.
- Must have a proven track record of reliable punctuality and attendance.
- Must be able to work weekends and late events for all membership events.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will accepted through September 28, 2018.