Position: Youth Education Sales Marketing Coordinator
Employment Status: Full Time Salary, exempt
Reports to: Director of Youth Education Sales.
To promote field trips, on-site education programs, outreach programs to public and private schools as well as daycares in the assigned areas. To create relationships with teachers, administrators, and daycare providers that will result in the continued growth of the field trip program at all Houston Museum of Natural Science locations.
Primary Responsibilities of a Youth Education Sales Marketing Coordinator:
- Handle outside sales efforts for all school and daycare field trips in West Houston & School Districts west of Houston including but not limited to Fort Bend, Katy & CyFair
- Develop, maintain and participate in relationships with teachers, administrators, and daycare directors that will result in children visiting the Museum
- Meet established sales goals/quotas monthly and quarterly
- Provide detailed reports of contacts and meetings with teachers and administrators weekly
- Provide detailed reports of field trips booked monthly
- Assist with creating Gifted and Talented classes and presenting material
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of standardized test objectives to assist in matching appropriate grade levels with museum experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to lift and handle boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work some weekends and late events for educational conferences, previews, science nights, and educational events
- Ability to drive to various schools in assigned areas for appointments with teachers, administrators, or daycare directors
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle and drive for extended periods of time
- At least one year teacher experience preferred
- Gifted and Talented training preferred
- Business casual attire required
- Because this position requires travel to and from various schools, applicant must have a valid Texas Driver’s license and access to a functional and fully insured automobile.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to Amanda Norris at email@example.com through January 6th, 2020.