Explore the museum in a whole new way with our expert tour guides. Sign up for your Discovery Tour in the museum’s box office. Meet our Discovery Guides!
- Hall of Paleontology Discovery Tour—offered daily
Join our family-friendly tours through more than 4.5 billion years of history. Bring your family along on an expert-led prehistoric safari and learn the inside scoop about our major mounts and spectacular specimens.
- Hall of Ancient Egypt Discovery Tour—offered daily
Travel back in time to the land of the Pharaohs. Let our expert Discovery Guides lead you on an expedition through the tombs of Ancient Egypt. Learn about myths, the perils and pleasures of life along the Nile. Discover how to make a mummy, and meet a few!
- Moon Tours—offered Monday through Friday
You’ve escaped through time to far off places and worlds, now it’s time to escape our world with the Moon by Luke Jerram tour! Experience a pre-tour briefing in our Expedition Center, and then blast off to the Glassell Hall for a tour of the Moon up close and personal. Learn the history and the science behind the space rock closest to home.
Cost: $5 per person with a permanent exhibition ticket.
Each tour accommodates a maximum of 15 people.
Tour times (tour times are subject to change):
- Public Paleontology & Ancient Egypt Tours:
- Sunday–Saturday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. (the 11 a.m. Paleontology tour is a Kids tour)
- Moon Tours:
- Monday–Friday at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Arrive 5 minutes early for your scheduled tour in our Glassell Hall.
Private Discovery Tour:
Get the inside scoop on the Museum’s fascinating exhibitions during a private Discovery Guide Tour with our expert tour guides. During each exclusive tour, your guide will explore the exhibit with you, sharing riveting stories and answering questions.
- 1 Hour: $30 plus your exhibition ticket
- 2 Hours: $50 plus your exhibition ticket (tour must be in the same hall)