Explore the museum in a whole new way with our expert tour guides. Sign up for your Discovery Tour in the museum’s box office. Meet our Discovery Guides!
- Hall of Paleontology Discovery Tour—offered daily
Join our family-friendly tours through more than 4.5 billion years of history. Bring your family along on an expert-led prehistoric safari and learn the inside scoop about our major mounts and spectacular specimens. (15 people per tour maximum)
- Moon Tours—offered Monday through Friday
You’ve escaped through time to far off places and worlds, now it’s time to escape our world with the Moon by Luke Jerram tour! Experience a pre-tour briefing in our Expedition Center, and then blast off to the Glassell Hall for a tour of the Moon up close and personal. Learn the history and the science behind the space rock closest to home. (15 people per tour maximum)
Cost: $5 per person with a permanent exhibition ticket
Tour times (tour times are subject to change):
- Public Paleontology tours:
- Sunday–Saturday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. (the 11 a.m. Paleontology tour is a Kids tour)
- Moon tours
- Monday–Friday at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Arrive 5 minutes early for your scheduled tour in our Glassell Hall.
Private Discovery Tour:
Get the inside scoop on the Museum’s fascinating exhibitions during a private Discovery Guide Tour with our expert tour guides. During each exclusive tour, your guide will explore the exhibit with you, sharing riveting stories and answering questions.
- 1 Hour: $30 plus your exhibition ticket
- 2 Hours: $50 plus your exhibition ticket (tour must be in the same hall)