ConocoPhillips Techno Science Labs Feature Interactive Experiments For Grades 1–8
Bringing a group to HMNS or HMNS Sugar Land? Explore science, nature and history in our interactive science labs which feature specimens, artifacts and laboratory equipment.
Each lab lasts one hour and accommodates up to 25 students. Labs cost range between $200 and *$250 per lab (for Dissection Lab*) and include admission to the Museum’s Permanent Exhibit Halls for participating students and their chaperones.
ConocoPhillips TechnoScience Labs
- Magnets (September at HMNS) – Investigate magnetic fields and other interesting magnetic behavior.
- Light (November at HMNS and November 22nd in Sugar Land) – Explore fluorescence, luminescence and color as we experiment with light.
- Polymers (December at HMNS and December 13th in Sugar Land) – From plastic and rubber to gummy bears and slime, polymers are everywhere.
- Shape Science I (January at HMNS and January 24th in Sugar Land) – Discover the science and math of shapes through tessellations, construction and more.
- Falling Fast (April at HMNS and April 24th in Sugar Land) – Explore parachutes and other ways to cushion a fall, then design and protect an egg ‘passenger’ from a crash.
- Pressure (May at HMNS) – Lift, crush and hover with the amazing power of air pressure.