Giant katydids, hissing cockroaches, exotic beetles, and beautiful butterflies will fascinate students of all ages during fun, hands-on presentations.
Our Cockrell Butterfly Center staff come right to you, bringing an array of specimens to introduce you to the wonderful world of insects, arachnids, and other arthropods! We offer several programs, each with a different emphasis.
Where else can audiences interact with a live walking-leaf insect, a butterfly chrysalis, or a tarantula while learning about the importance of insects and their relatives to our world?
Details and Restrictions:
- Capacity: Maximum of 30 students per presentation
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
Tailored to grade-specific TEKS objectives.
Before and After presentation curriculum available for each Program
- Half Day: $425 Maximum 3 hours, including up to 6 presentations
- Full Day: $525 Maximum 5 hours, including up to 8 presentations
- Add on a Wildlife On Wheels program and a presentation of Docents To Go: Oceans to create an Animal Adaptations package! Take a tour around Texas by focusing on Texas wildlife, Native Americans, renewable energy, and the stars over the Lone Star State in the Traversing Texas package! Or, focus on forensics with the Crime Scene Exploration package by adding a ConocoPhillips Science On Stage Cool Chemistry presentation!