Designed for Grades K-2! Basic science concepts come to life through fun, interactive demonstrations focusing on curiosity, inquiry and experimentation.
Hands-on, real-world activities will introduce students to fundamental objectives in an easy-to-grasp way, through presentations tailored to age and grade level.
Every child is a natural scientist – let students experience their own “Eureka” moments with Science Start!
Space: Going the Distance!, Body Works, Build it Big, and Sound Science are all available for students ages Kindergarten through 8th grade. Have high school students? Visit our Labs on Demand page to learn more about our advanced biology and dissection labs!
Details and Restrictions:
- Capacity: Maximum of 75 students per presentation
- Grades: K-2 (some programs are adaptable to other grades)
- There is a mileage fee for locations more than 20 miles from the Museum.
Tailored to grade-specific TEKS objectives.
- Two 25 Minute Presentations: $375
- Additional Presentation Pair: $150 Each additional back-to-back pair of presentations; restrictions apply.
- Reach for the depths of outer space by complementing your Science Start: Space package with the Discovery Dome, our inflatable and portable planetarium, and a presentation of Docents To Go: Astronomy in the Space Exploration package!