In person classes will be offered this spring at both of our locations. This page has information about our in person classes for our Hermann Park location. We are offering classes with the modifications outlined in the Road to Recovery guidelines listed here. In addition, we have provided detailed modifications below.
In Person Scouts Modifications:
- Classroom capacity is reduced to 10 scouts
- Classes will be conducted in a double-classroom with spaced seating
- All patrons above 10 years old are required to wear a face mask in order to enter the museum. All younger students will be encouraged to wear face masks. Cloth face masks will be available to purchase at the museum.
- Masks will be worn by all HMNS staff.
- Students will be asked to wipe down their personal area with sanitizing wipes at the beginning and end of their class.
- The classroom area on the lower level is closed to the public and will only be used for educational programming including Scouts classes.
- Increased hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Museum. In addition, hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom.
- The museum is implementing cleanliness “patrols” in all exhibition galleries and other public areas. These patrols will clean and sanitize all public surfaces in the museum frequently throughout each day.
Scouts BSA Merit Badge classes are at least four hours long and will begin at 9:30 a.m. Scouts will need to bring a sack lunch with them. Cub Scouts, Webelos and Girl Scout classes will run from either 10AM to Noon or 1 PM to 3 PM. Note: some badges require work to be completed outside of class.
If you are unable to make a scheduled class, inquire about a Badge On Demand!
Classes are available at HMNS Hermann Park with a limited selection available at HMNS Sugar Land in the Spring.