HMNS Virtual Summer Scout Classes have been specifically designed for a virtual, hands-on educational engagement while meeting badge requirements.
Virtual Summer Scout classes provide:
- 2-4 hours of educational engagement per session depending on your scout’s rank and the requirements of the topic.
- Live interaction with one of our skilled educators
- Small class sizes to support individualized instruction
- Opportunities to complete requirements for Scouts BSA merit badges
- Self-guided learning opportunities, though parents are always welcome to participate
- Merit-badge counselor to sign-off on completed requirements and award Blue Cards
- Moderator to manage the virtual logistics of the class and offer tech support if needed
Virtual Scout Classes are delivered via Zoom, and facilitated by one museum educator and one moderator. You will receive an email introducing you to the instructor and delivering additional information at least 48 hours prior to the start date for each scout class booked.
You will receive a copy of your workbook prior to the class. If any prerequisites are required for merit badges, you will also receive a prerequisite workbook to complete either before or after your Virtual Scouts Class.
Scouts & Parents Love Virtual Scout Classes
100% of surveyed parents surveyed said they would register for HMNS Virtual Scout Classes again.
“The program was great, and my Scout loved the activities while learning. Very convenient to have a virtual option for those of us that live further from the museum even in years with no social distance restrictions.”
“Great job! My daughter loved making the balloon car and pinwheel. She is still making pinwheels!!”
“My daughter enjoyed it so much! Hands on learning is so important to us because she is dyslexic. Virtual is so convenient!”
“Good job! Thank you for doing virtual this year.”
Email email@example.com for more information.
Not a Member? Check out our Member Benefits – including member pricing and the opportunity to register early for summer scout classes!