Due to our commitment to Covid-19 safety for all campers and staff, only half of the usual spaces are available for summer 2021. To make locating remaining camp spots as easy as possible for camp parents, we have provided the links below. We are currently working to expand classroom space available for the summer, and may be able to add camp spots in these news areas – please check back if you don’t see you camp as currently available or use the browser below to search our variety of virtual camps that are still available.
More sensational science than ever before! New topics for 2021: Storybook Science Camp for ages 6-7, Full STEAM Ahead Camp for ages 8-9, and Escape Camp for ages 10-12. Returning favorites include: Crazy for Coding for ages 6-7, World Explorers: Parts Unknown for ages 6-7, Minecraft Mania: Coding Adventure Camp for ages 8-9, Master Spy Camp for ages 8-9 and 10-12, Maker Lab Alpha for ages 10-12, Maker Lab Beta for ages 10-12, Camp Half Blood for ages 10-12, and Camp Jupiter for ages 10-12.
The 2021 HMNS Summer Camp selection of action-packed science summer camps includes:
- Chemistry Camps, including Culinary Hero, Junior Science Magic, Booms and Blast Offs, Wizard Science Academy, Kitchen Chemistry, Bedazzled, Crime Scene Investigators and Super Science Magic.
- Space Camps, including Space Cadet, Space Pilot, and Senior Space Commanders.
- Coding Camps, including the new Minecraft Mania: Coding Adventure Camp, Crazy for Coding, and Lego Robotics for ages 8-9 and 10-12.
- Robotics Camps, including Riveting Robots and Lego Robotics for ages 8-9 and 10-12.
- Physics Camps, including the always popular Star Warrior’s Academy, Maker Lab Alpha, the new Maker Lab Beta, Storm Chasers, Nature’s Fury, Booms and Blast Offs, Junior Science Magic, Water Works, Extreme Machines, Fast & Furious and Design and Destroy
- Social Studies Camps, including the new World Explorers: Parts Unknown, Treasure Hunters, the new Camp Jupiter, Camp Half Blood and Mummies and Mysteries
- And Dinosaur Camps, including Junior Paleontologist, Dino Claws and Shark Jaws, and Paleontology 101.
A summer of education and adventure awaits your child at HMNS. Our In Person Summer Camps will be held at the main Houston Museum of Natural Science location and at HMNS Sugar Land.
HMNS Summer Camps are week-long, hands-on science summer camps featuring science activities for children ages 6 – 12. Camps are held Monday – Friday from 10 am – 3 pm. For an additional weekly fee, care is available before camp begins each day, from 8 – 10 am, and after camp ends, from 3 – 5:30 pm.
2021 HMNS Summer Camp Schedule – Available Seats
HMNS Summer Camps will be held at the main museum location the weeks of:
HMNS Summer Camps will be held at the Sugar Land museum the weeks of:
Email email@example.com for more information.
Not a Member? Check out our Member Benefits – including the opportunity to register early for summer camp!