Summer can be a busy time at the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Please allow yourself some extra time when bringing your child to, and collecting your child from, our summer programs. Parents are welcome to park in the Museum Garage. Also, Summer Camp patrons who are members can purchase the Summer Camp Drop-Off and Pick-Up curbside service. For $30 a week ($24 the week of July 6-9) we offer curbside drop-off and pick-up service for summer campers.
- The Drop-Off Pick-Up service has a limited number of member spots per week.
- Not available the weeks of June 14-18 or July 26-30
- Not available at the Sugar Land Museum
PARKING IN THE MUSEUM GARAGE
A Summer Camp or Summer Scouts patrons utilizing the museum garage will need to display the SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS on their dash. The SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS will be emailed to all registered patrons prior to your scheduled week of camp or scouts. The SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS will also be available in the Education or Scout Office in the museum. The SUMMER CAMP PARKING PASS will provide FREE exit from the museum garage.
SUMMER CAMPER DROP-OFF/PICK-UP CURBSIDE CARPOOL SERVICE
Summer Camp at HMNS will operate a camper drop-off and pick-up line during the weeks summer camp is in session. This service will be limited to members of the museum. We will offer a limited number of “Summer Camp at HMNS Carpool Passes” per week when summer camp is in session. The service will be available to purchase online at store.hmns.org
Summer Camp at HMNS patrons utilizing the drop-off and pick-up service will need to display the SUMMER CAMP AT HMNS CARPOOL PASS on their dash. The drop-off pick-up carpool line will begin on Hermann Drive at the corner of Caroline and Hermann Drive and continue on Hermann Drive to the end of the “Loading Zone”.
- Available to members of the museum exclusively
- $30 per week ($24 the week of July 6-9) for a Summer Camp at HMNS Staff member to escort your camper to and from the camp classrooms and to ensure authorized pick-up and signature.
- Limited number of passes per week
- Camper drop-off service not available on Monday mornings. Please utilize the museum garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete summer camp pick-up authorizations, order lunch, and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Camp patrons can purchase the service in advance online at store.hmns.org
- Limited quantities might be available on site the week of camp if not sold out online
- Camp patrons must be authorized to pick up designated camper, and all the names of campers to be picked up must be provided to the program coordinator at the time of purchase. Any changes to camper pickup must be communicated to the program coordinator no later than 1pm the day of service.
- Patrons using the service must display “Summer Camp at HMNS Carpool Pass” on their dash.
For details review and print the Parents Guide to HMNS Summer Camp available at hmns.org/summercamps
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE UPDATES REGARDING SUMMER CAMP PARKING.
- Additional Free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot in the new Garden Center (Lot C)
- Metered parking on the streets around the Museum District
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the Circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free-daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Additional Paid Parking Options (At your own cost):
- Metered parking around the Museum District Museum Medical Tower
- Children’s Museum
- Holocaust Museum parking lot
- The MetroRail – The “Museum District”stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS
Area Parking Map
HMNS Garage (B) – Paid Parking
Garden Center Lot C – Free 3 hour parking available
Houston Zoo Lots D, E, F, G, H – Free 3 hour parking available
Park Plaza Garage – Paid parking
Museum Medical Tower – Paid Parking