Summer can be a busy time at the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Please allow yourself some extra time when bringing your child to, and collecting your child from, our summer programs. Those dropping off and picking up campers can use HMNS parking garage for free with provided hangtag, purchase members-only Curbside Carpool Service or utilize other Museum District parking options. See below for details on each option.
Free Parking with Hangtag in the HMNS Garage
Summer Camp or Summer Scouts patrons utilizing the museum garage must display the Summer Camp Parking Pass hangtag for FREE exit from the museum garage. Hangtags will be emailed to all registered patrons prior to your scheduled week of camp or scouts, and will also be available in the Education or Scout Office in the museum.
Curbside Carpool Service
Exclusive for museum members only, camper drop-off and pick-up Curbside Carpool Service has a limited number of spots available each week. Weekly passes can be purchased online at tickets.hmns.org.
Only one Curbside Carpool pass is need for each carpool, and can be used for multiple campers. The driver must be authorized to pick up all the campers in their carpool.
Drop-off and pick-up Curbside Carpool line begins on Hermann Drive at the corner of Caroline St. and Hermann Drive, and continues on Hermann Drive to the end of the “Loading Zone.” Curbside Carpool hangtag must be displayed.
- $50 per week ($40 the weeks of May 30-June 2 and June 20-23)
- Not available the weeks of June 12-16, July 5-7 or July 24-28
- Not available at HMNS at Sugar Land
- Available only to museum members
- A limited number of spots are available each week.
- Camp patrons can purchase the service in advance online at tickets.hmns.org.
- Limited quantities might be available on site the week of camp if not sold out online
- Campers are escorted by HMNS staff to and from the camp classrooms and Curbside Carpool to ensure authorized pick-up and signature.
- Not available on Monday mornings. Please utilize the HMNS parking garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete camp pick-up authorizations, order lunch and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Curbside Carpool drivers must be authorized to pick up each camper. The names of campers in the Curbside Carpool must be provided at the time of purchase. Any changes to campers in a Curbside Carpool must be communicated to the Education Office no later than 1 p.m. the day of service.
- Patrons using the service must display Curbside Carpool hangtag on their dash.
Bookmark this page for future updates regarding summer camp parking.
Additional Free parking options in Hermann Park (see map below):
- Free 3-hour parking in the McGovern Centennial Gardens lot (Lot C)
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off Hermann Circle in Sam Houston Monument lot (Lot A)
- Free-daily parking near the Houston Zoo and Miller Outdoor Theatre (Lots D, E, F, G, H)
Additional Paid Parking Options (at your own cost):
- Metered on-street parking in the Museum District
- Museum Medical Tower parking garage
- HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center (formerly Park Plaza Hospital) valet parking and parking garage
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston parking garage
- Children’s Museum Houston parking lot
- Houston Holocaust Museum parking lot
The “Museum District” stop is only three blocks from HMNS.
Area Parking Map