Purchase Carpool Drop-off/Pick-up Service Here!
There are two Pick-Up/Drop-Off options for Summer Camp at HMNS 2020:
- Camper drop-off/pick-up carpool services
- Reserved coned parking spaces in the garage
Camper drop-off/pick-up carpool services:
- Exclusively available to museum members.
- The cost is $30 per week for a staff member to escort your camper to and from the classrooms and to ensure authorized pick-up/drop-off signature.
- Limited to 50 patrons per week.
- Not available on Monday mornings. Please use the museum garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete pick-up authorizations, order lunch and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Qualifying camp patrons can purchase this service in advance, online at hmns.org.
- Camp patrons must be authorized to pick up designated camper, and all the names of campers to be picked up must be provided to the program coordinator at the time of purchase. Any changes to camper pickup must be communicated to the program coordinator no later than 1 p.m. the day of service.
- Purchase the service here:
- Week of June 1-5, 2020
- Week of June 8-12, 2020
- Week of June 22-26, 2020
- Week of June 29-July 2, 2020
- Week of July 13-17, 2020
- Week of July 20-24, 2020
- Week of August 3-7,2020
- Week of August 10-14, 2020
Reserved coned parking spaces in the garage:
- You need two things to park in the parking garage:
- Blue colored PARKING GARAGE COUPON so you can get out for free. These will be available in all Summer Camp classrooms and in the Education Office in the museum.
- SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASS displayed on your dashboard for the reserved spots. These passes will be emailed to all registered patrons and they will also be available in the Education Office in the museum. If you do not have access to a printer, these passes will be available at the parking garage entrance on Monday during drop-off and pick-up.
The museum garage will have 80 parking spaces coned off and reserved exclusively to ensure that Summer Camp at HMNS Parents have an easier time finding/accessing open parking spaces in the garage during drop-off from 7:50 AM – 10:30 AM and pick-up from 2:00 PM-4:00 PM. The cones are placed in the morning with the ultimate objective of having reserved spaces for camp parents in the afternoon when the garage is near capacity. In the morning, Summer Camp at HMNS parents will be directed to a coned spot or an open parking spot. Moving cars along in the morning to open non-coned spaces is only done to prevent backup at the garage entrance. The garage attendants will direct you to a coned space in the morning if traffic is not backed up at the Museum Garage entrance. In the afternoon, Summer Camp at HMNS parents will be directed to a coned and reserved spot if available. The ultimate objective is to ensure that camp parents have access to a parking space in the garage and do not have to park elsewhere. Camp ends at 3:00pm and campers not enrolled in After Camp should be picked up by 3:25pm. After Camp hours are 3:30-5:30pm.
What to do:
- PLEASE PRINT the SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASS included with the email. If you do not have access to a printer, we will also have SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASSES available at the garage entrance on Monday during drop-off and pick-up time. SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASSES will also be available in the Education Office, at the Before Camp sign-in table, and in the classrooms during the week.
- DISPLAY the SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASS on the dash of your vehicle. It must be visible to HMNS staff in order to access reserved parking spaces.
- As parents enter the garage, staff will help direct parents with a SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASS into available parking spots.
- The reserved spaces are not intended for patrons staying at the museum for an extended period.
- PLEASE NOTE the SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASSES are dated. If you are signed up for multiple weeks of camp, you will receive a new SUMMER CAMP PARKING GARAGE PASS on the Thursday prior to your registered week of camp.
- PLEASE REMEMBER to pick up a blue PARKING GARAGE COUPON at drop off and pick up in the classrooms. The blue PARKING GARAGE COUPON gets you out of the museum parking garage free of charge. Please present a blue PARKING GARAGE COUPON to the attendant in the booth at the exit of the museum garage.
- Please provide feedback on your experience with this parking program. Please complete a Camper Comment Form on Thursday or Friday. While service does not guarantee a parking space for you in the museum garage, we hope it helps speed things along!
View an Area Parking Map at http://www.hmns.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Area-Parking-Map-Camp.pdf
- Additional free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot in the new Garden Center (Lot C)
- Metered parking on the streets around the Museum District
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the Circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Additional paid parking options (at your own cost):
- Metered parking around the Museum District Museum Medical Tower
- Children’s Museum
- Holocaust Museum parking lot
- The MetroRail – The “Museum District” stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS.