Purchase Carpool Drop-off/Pick-up Service Here!
Summer is usually a busy time at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. However, for this upcoming summer to allow for proper social distancing, we will be operating the museum at 25% capacity or less, and summer camp enrollment will be half. For this summer of 2020, we will not have reserved and coned parking in the Museum Garage for the exclusive use of summer camp patrons during drop-off and pick-up. We will continue to offer free parking in the Museum Garage for our summer camp patrons. Please proceed to any available parking space in the Museum Garage for drop-off and pick-up.
We are continuing to address parking issues at the museum for our summer camp patrons. We will continue to offer, for $30 a week curbside drop-off and pick-up service for summer campers. Please note this service is limited to 25 spots per week.
Camper drop-off/pick-up carpool services:
- Exclusively available to museum members.
- The cost is $30 per week for a staff member to escort your camper to and from the classrooms and to ensure authorized pick-up/drop-off signature.
- Limited to 25 patrons per week.
- Not available on Monday mornings. Please use the museum garage or alternate parking, and escort your camper inside the museum to complete pick-up authorizations, order lunch and orient yourself and your child to the camp layout.
- Qualifying camp patrons can purchase this service in advance, online at hmns.org.
- Camp patrons must be authorized to pick up designated camper, and all the names of campers to be picked up must be provided to the program coordinator at the time of purchase. Any changes to camper pickup must be communicated to the program coordinator no later than 1 p.m. the day of service.
- Purchase the service here:
- Week of June 1-5, 2020
- Week of June 8-12, 2020
- Week of June 22-26, 2020
- Week of June 29-July 2, 2020
- Week of July 13-17, 2020
- Week of July 20-24, 2020
- Week of August 3-7,2020
- Week of August 10-14, 2020
View an Area Parking Map at http://www.hmns.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Area-Parking-Map-Camp.pdf
- Additional free parking options include:
- Free 3-hour parking lot in the new Garden Center (Lot C)
- Metered parking on the streets around the Museum District
- Free 3-hour parking lot directly off the Circle, by the statue of Sam Houston (Lot A)
- Free daily parking near the Zoo (Lots D, E, F, G, and H)
- Additional paid parking options (at your own cost):
- Metered parking around the Museum District Museum Medical Tower
- Children’s Museum
- Holocaust Museum parking lot
- The MetroRail – The “Museum District” stop is only 3 blocks from HMNS.