HMNS Offers Summer Camp Scholarships!
2019 HMNS Summer Camp Scholarship Form available here April 2019.
HMNS is offering scholarships for our 2019 HMNS Summer Camp.
Summer camp scholarships will be awarded for students to attend camp at the Houston Museum of Natural Science or for students to attend camp at the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land.
Scholarships are open to students who will be ages 6 – 12 as of September 1, 2018 and are enrolled in one of the following school districts or other area school:
- Houston Independent School District (HISD)
- Fort Bend Independent School District (FBISD)
- Katy Independent School District (KISD)
- Stafford Municipal School District (SMSD)
- Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (LCISD)
- Alief Independent School District (AISD)
- Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD)
- Pasadena Independent School District (Pasadena ISD)
- Galena Park Independent School District (Galena Park ISD)
- North Forest Independent School District (NFISD)
- Aldine Independent School District (Aldine ISD)
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District (CFISD)
- Alvin Independent School District (Alvin ISD)
Students must be interested in learning, have good behavior, and be unable to otherwise afford to attend camp. The scholarship includes a full week of Before Camp, Camp, daily lunch, After Camp, and a snack. Students can be dropped off at 8 am and must be picked up by 5:30 pm during the week of camp.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please follow the steps below:
- Fully complete the application. There are 3 total pages (1 page for parent guardian and 2 pages for teacher/staff recommendations). Please have teacher/staff members complete and submit recommendations.
- Mail this completed application to HMNS EDUCATION DEPARTMENT, 5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, Texas 77030. You may also email the form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the form to 713-639-4681. It must be received on or before May 3, 2019.
- Be prepared to attend camp the weeks that you specified. If you are awarded a scholarship, that spot is reserved for you alone. It cannot be transferred to another student if you are unable to attend.
- Applicants awarded scholarships will be notified by HMNS the week of May 13, 2019 or before.
- Scholarships are made possible through the Hearst Foundation Grant.