The Houston Museum of Natural Science is committed to increasing access and expanding programming targeted to teens and young adults. Beginning Fall 2021 the inaugural Moran Teen Advisory Council (TAC) convened and began working to best serve area teens at the museum, plan teen-specific events for the future, contribute to the museum’s social media, generate ideas for helping teens further their academic and professional interests and demonstrate to teens the importance of science, volunteering, and non-profit institutions in the community. We are excited to continue this work and invite you to apply to join us!
TAC Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now closed.
Interested for the 2023-2024 school year? The application window will open again in May 2023.
General requirements for consideration: Interested applicants for Fall 2022 must…
- Be in 9th to 11thgrade during the Fall 2022-2023 school year
- Be between the ages of 14 and 19 during the 2022-2023 school year
- Live in the greater Houston Metropolitan area (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties)
- Commit to two-year term on the HMNS Moran Teen Advisory Council
- Complete the application process once it is available
- Commit to attend monthly TAC Meetings – both virtual and in-person, and additional dates for TAC-planned special events
- Contribute to the group
- Have the consent of a parent/guardian to participate this program