The Houston Museum of Natural Science is committed to increasing access and expanding programming targeted to teens and young adults. Beginning Fall 2021 the inaugural Teen Advisory Council (TAC) will gather information on how to best serve area teens at the museum, plan teen-specific events for the future, contribute to the museum’s social media, generate ideas for helping teens further their academic and professional interests and demonstrate to teens the importance of science, volunteering and non-profit institutions in the community.
TAC Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now closed. TAC applicants selected will be notified by September 10.
Interested for next year? The 2022-2023 TAC Application will be available beginning April 2022.
General requirements for consideration: Interested applicants for Fall 2022 must…
- Be in 9th to 11th grade during the Fall 2022-2023 school year
- Be between the ages of 14 and 18 during the 2022-2023 school year
- Live in the greater Houston Metropolitan area (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties)
- Commit to two-year term on the HMNS Teen Advisory Committee
- Complete the application process once it is available (will be posted here by April 2022)
- Commit to attend monthly TAC Meetings – both virtual and in-person, and additional dates for TAC-planned special events
- Contribute to the group
- Have the consent of a parent/guardian to participate this program